Saturday 3 October 2015

Amsterdam, August 2015!

I've been wanting to post about my recent trip to Amsterdam for quite a while now, but for whatever reason, it kept slipping my mind. I'm so happy to finally be able to sit down and share such an amazing experience with everyone, and perhaps even relive the trip myself through this post!
As I have mentioned before, my friends Lena and Zoe are half Dutch, and Zoe now lives in Amsterdam. Lena visits often, and was kind enough to invite Tanishia and I to join her for a week during the Summer. It was so lovely to be able to go with people who know the city well, as it enabled them to show us all the hidden treasures of the city that aren't so stereotypical.

Naturally, we did also visit the cliché tourist attractions, and they all exceeded my expectations. I've always loved the look of Amsterdam in any pictures I've seen, but is so much more beautiful in person. I didn't expect to feel so calm and at peace there, but it truly is one of the most relaxing places I've visited. 

I think one of my most favourite parts of the trip was taking a bike ride around Amsterdam, full-dutch style. You may or may not know that cycling is one of the most popular ways to travel in Amsterdam, as the land is so flat, and so it's very easy to cycle everywhere. I rode a Dutch bike which meant to break, I had to pedal backwards, which was weird at first but I quickly got the hang of it. I really loved the bike ride, just because it enabled me to get a real feel for the city, and see parts of it which I would never have even considered otherwise.

I filmed the whole trip, as I often do, so be sure to check out the video below of my trip to Amsterdam! 


What cities do you enjoy the most?














No comments:

Post a Comment